Monday, February 11, 2008

The Cumulative Effect


I guess I just wasn't made for these times as Brian Wilson said way back in 1966.   
Teenage angst seems to follow some of us through life.  I think I got something going good for myself and what goes wrong....

Hell, we all whine at times, some people do it externally to the detriment of others and some keep it all inside.   I prefer the later.   Thus, in a sense, the ability to overcome disappointment is a hallmark of a healthy life.   Hopefully we learn that time does heal such wounds.   That is true, it really is.   The bounce back time element is crucial.  Those who can't bounce it back are doomed not only to live their lives in quiet desperation but are burdened by the added feature of what I like to call the cumulative effect.  In other words, those wounds seem to add and add to each other so that they consume the present and grant a hopeless tenor to the future.   So try to not let that happen to you.  Live in the now and stab disappointment in its cold and dreary heart.
 

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to Technorati Favorites