Wednesday, October 8, 2008

into the forest...




into the forest




..think i'll take a walk in the wistful woods tonight
pay homage to the spirits, find the ghostly light....
deep into the forest: where the black cat howls
there i find my master: she suffers and she scowls

her eyes are cinnamon, her frame is so well built
and with a flick of her lashes she removes all my guilt...
don’t follow me sister, ' cuz i walk a wayward path
my soul might betray you, my words might be your epitaph...

in the thicket by the clearing by the old canal
all i got to say boys is feets don’t fail me now.
cuz there’s something about the quiet like a deafening roar
if i was what i once was i could not take this anymore...

i'll penetrate the darkness, throw caution to the wind
ill mail all these love letters i keep forgettin' to send
ill rage like a phantom, fleeing the life he once led
ill take back what i remember replace it with things you said...

words and music by w. bates
t21music2008

 

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to Technorati Favorites